MPI is a NDT technique for detecting surface and subsurface discontinuity in ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt and some of their alloys. We offer on-site magnetic particle inspection services using yoke type and coil type magnetizing equipment; dry powder, wet magnetic particles & wet fluorescent magnetic particle technique. Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) is the economical and comparative faster non-destructive test method used widely in Aerospace, Locomotive, automotive, power generation, nuclear, petrochemical industries. The most common examples are testing of crank shafts, cam shafts, connecting rods, engine gears, landing gear, bearing caps, engine blocks, motor shafts, engine bolts, nuts, washers, threaded bars, studs, piping joints ( fabricated joints, welds) in power generation and petrochemical industries, etc.
- Most weld discontinuities open to or near the surface
- Most suitable for cracks, laps, seams, voids, pits, subsurface holes, and other surface or slightly subsurface, discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials
- Relatively economical and expedient
- Test equipment is considered portable
- Unlike liquid penetrant, magnetic particle can detect some near surface discontinuities
- Can inspect through thin coatings