Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT)
Phased array (PA) is widely used in several sectors, from power generation to construction industries. It is an advanced non-destructive testing (NDT) method that uses an ultrasonic technique to determine component quality and detect failure such as flaws or cracks. Furthermore, Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing can be effectively used for wall thickness measurements in conjunction with corrosion testing. Its efficiency comes from the combination of many angles and focus depths through to one probe which then performs several different inspections without the need for changing the transducer assembly. The inspection results are clearly stored and displayed for reporting. It can be used on standard and special materials like austenitic and high alloy materials.
Qualitas NDT Inspection Services is specialized in providing a complete range of advanced non-destructive testing (NDT) services. In addition to operating a competence center for advanced NDT based in the UAE, and we invests heavily in R&D and operates an accredited training school for advanced NDT as well as offering its expert services globally.
- Simplified inspection of components that have complex geometry.
- Inspection of many different materials possible.
- High temperature inspections possible up to over 350°C.
- Speedy inspection compared to conventional ultrasonic testing.
- Higher probability of problem detection thanks to testing from multiple angles with a single probe.
- All inspection data presented in an understandable graphic format.
- Well qualified operators.