Ultrasonic Weld Scan
In Ultrasonic Testing (UT), very short ultrasonic pulse –waves with center frequencies ranging from 0.1 to 15 MHz are transmitted into materials to detect internal flaws or to characterize materials. UT is often performed on steel and other metals and alloys, though it can also be used on concrete, wood and composites. We offer onsite flaw detection services for inspection of structures, components, shafts, welds etc. We are equipped with state of art digital flaw detectors and our technicians are well qualified, certified for reliable & faster inspection.
- Most weld discontinuities including cracks, slag, lack of fusion, lack of bond, accurate thickness measurement possible
- To measure intergranular corrosion quantitatively
- Most sensitive to planar type defects
- Test results known immediately
- High penetration capability
- Requires access from only one surface